Vegan Comfort Food: 15 Hearty Recipes to Keep You Warm and Satisfied
When the weather turns chilly, there’s nothing better than cozying up with a comforting meal that warms both your body and soul. And who says comfort food has to be unhealthy? With these 15 vegan recipes, you can enjoy delicious and hearty meals that are entirely plant-based!
1. Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese
Fulfill your cravings for mac and cheese with this creamy, dairy-free version. Made with cashews, nutritional yeast, and a blend of spices, this vegan mac and cheese is sure to hit the spot.
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the cashews, almond milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked macaroni and stir until well coated. Serve hot and enjoy!